Monday, July 7, 2008

Silly Me.




O.k. I have a silly confession. I just read the twilight series, excluding the book not released. I remember having reservations about the book. Honestly, it seemed silly. A girl falls in love with a Vampire? But I caved into curiosity and I will own all of the books so I can reread them as much as I want. I've already reread Twilight when I was waiting for a hold on Eclipse. I know this isn't even the silliest. The silliest part is that in the past week I've cried more for Bella, Edward, and Jacob than I have for myself in the past two years. Seriously, my eyes are either wet or red ;) How silly is that? They aren't even real lol So. I'm scouring to find a fellow who I can totally talk to about these books because Dave, poor Dave, is to the point of hiding the books ;) Give me a call or tell me what you guys thought of the books. How about the movie coming in December?

10 comments:

  1. I felt silly about it too. A girl and a vampire! Really! I am excited about the movie. My visiting teaching partner and I got one of the girls we visit the first book so she will be prepared for the movie (our visit for December).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to stop reading your blog, Stu already thinks I spend too much time away from paying attention to him and the kids. Maybe I'll get a book on top, me running and crying wont look weird at all will it? ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read these. I'm holding out cause I've never given in to pop literature, and I don't want to start now. But she's Mormon, so I think I'm going to get pulled in. I love famous mormons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, no I haven't read the books and I probably won't, but we do live close to Forks, Washington where the books are set. It's one of our favorite vacation spots. In fact lots of the pictures on our blog side bar are from the area.

    They are also filming the movie here in Washington as well, but not in Forks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know there was a movie. I am excited to look into that and intensly curious about how it will turn out and who will play Bella and Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marie,
    You've converted! Thankfully I got to read the first two before they exploded into this insane phenomenon. But I hear you, when my friend told me they were about a girl who falls in love with a vampire, I was like, Lame-o! But who's laughin' now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s.
    my sister bawled her eyes out for two weeks after reading them too. You're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best Books ever!!!!! I loved them and could talk about them forever. I also cried during them. They are like my best friends. I'll probably have a seizure when the books are all finished and i can't grow old with my vampire family. I can't wait for the movie! My Missouri friends and I are all planning on going and making shirts to wear that say "bite me." I am so lame but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know how you feel. I was obsessed about them. My kids were neglected as well as myself and my husband. They were great books, they totally get you invovled. Cant wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read these books for the second time! I can't wait for the fourth book to come out. They're so addicting and it's hard to ever put them down. You're definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete