Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh The Spoils of a Good Storm




Last Thursday a storm hit, it was pretty big. Big enough for half of Denver to go home from work early. So Dave came home early, I hadn't left the house because the snow was blowing sideways. I had snuck down to the gym and done some good circits, lunges and what not. He says, well the D.O. gave me some ski tickets for a great price. "Wha?" Let's just say, I loved the snow in my... more unresponcible days. I loved Snowboarding! Snowshoeing, skiing, and when I met Dave he taught me how to Telemark. So.. it's been soooo long since we have had a good day on the slopes. The D.O. said if Dave wanted to take Friday off to go skiing that would be fine with him. Great hu? Well, I was a bit hesitant to doing this, mostly because I didn't want to wake up at 6 a.m., I was a bit sick, and I am sick of driving. But... lo and behold I woke up at 6 a.m. and drove to Loveland, CO, about one hr away from Denver.
There was a Day care at the resort which did a good job at watching Lauren. She was really excited to be there so I didn't have any worries. I feel like Now that she is getting older I don't have as much anxiety about leaving her. Dave and I put on our new (old) tele boots with a smile and scout our routes out and just hit the slopes for 2 & 1/2 hrs.

I was really tired because of the early wake up, being sick, and my intense work out the day before. When you Tele you use so much thigh you are basically doing lunges down the mountain.
So my first few runs were not so good. I had a lot of fun with Dave and by the end I felt like If I went again this season I would be kickin' it. ;) What a blast hu?
Then I hung out with Lauren for an hour while Dave did another long run.

I just love Colorado! The people are so great and it just feels like they are similar to Dave and Me.

1 comment:

  1. skiing pics really are the best! it's hard to believe there are parts of the country still getting snow. looks like you had tons of fun. chris tried telemark skiing once. i know its a workout.

    ReplyDelete