Monday, April 14, 2008

Ahoy Matey!







So we finally went to see the Navel Museum here. It is impressive these ships. Lauren thought it was pretty cool to walk around the ship. As you can see one link in the chain that holds the anchors is nearly her size, but weighs 120 lbs. It's just amazing how big and small these ships are. Big as in the anchors, actual hull and guns (gosh the guns are huge) small as in the cabins, computers and living areas. The museum was pretty cool too. Lauren really liked the torpedos and wheels.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me even more excited for our trip. There are so many things to see and do out there! I'm excited to broaden my horizons, its like you live in an entirely different world. I'm glad you know the ropes and can give us a tour with authority. Can't wait to see you!

    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to read 1984! It's crazy good. I think I might start "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest." Let me know what you think. I'm also a little in the mood for Emma, have you read that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. That would be cool to see.

    ReplyDelete