Monday, April 14, 2008

We love the Botanical Gardens




We finally had some sunshine, so we bolted it to the botanical gardens last week. Lauren wasn't quite sure yet about the water, but this is her first time this year at the children's garden so I'm sure she'll be splashing and playing along with Calli soon. This trip we had a first, the gardners came out to show us a newly hatched turtle. Isn't it so cute! They even let Lauren hold it. She was so funny about it. You can see how little it was. Here's a few more pictures of Lauren and Calli playing on the turtles. Calli would try to get on the frogs that were squirting, and Lauren would just sit there and laugh. It was pretty funny. Calli would be so excited because she would finally be on the squirting frog, so she could play with the stream of water coming out of it's mouth, then it would stop and another one would start. I should have taken video.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! How long will you guys be in Virginia? Do you ever make it back to Delta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren is so cute sitting on the frog, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time. . .but we expect an invite next time around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! That little turtle is cute. I wish we had weather where we could wear swimsuits. Oh I am so jealous. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I loved your comment on my reading blog. You are so right on. And don't worry, the book gets really good in parts II and III. The first part is real slow. Ben kept asking me, "What's happened so far?" And my response was always "Nothing." I think that's why it took two tries for me to get through it. I started One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest and it CRACKS ME UP!

    ps I love a book that strikes up a conversation about Christ. We both turned to him in our reading of 1984.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, looks like she had a great time!! I wish we lived closer so Preston could play with his cousin! Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete