Friday, April 18, 2008

Flashback Friday



O.k. so I'm starting out with the sappiest and sweetest. What can I say, If i did it different it wouldn't be me right? This is my grandma Lisonbee who I adored and loved sooo much. I used to say, "If my mom dies, I would die, and grandma too." I was so shocked to find out a few years ago that she was actually hard to be close to and love. I always felt her love and wanted to feel it all the time. She knitted this sweater for me.



This is another one of my favorite pictures! Grandpa Harmon was such an amazing man and I miss him often and wish that Dave was able to meet him. We had just been engaged weeks when he died. Grandpa was one of those people that had an amazing ability to become friends with anyone. I was always impressed by him. I also found at his funeral that he was an Electrical Engineer, and drafted often (I know my family never talks). I guess I know now where it came from. I was always wondering why I was interested in it.


I am excited to be doing this and hope I keep up with it. If anyone is up for doing the same, come on and join in the fun.

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love the picture with your Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little girl you were! Your post made me miss my Grandma SO much! Both of my Grandpas had passed away before I was born. But I know if I had met them, I would've adored them just like my nephews and niece adore my Dad. I'm so jealous of never having that opportunity but I'm glad that you were one of the lucky ones who did. I think its such a special one-of-a-kind relationship. Again! You were so dang cute! Thanks for flashing back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little Marie! So Sweet! That is neat to see photos of you as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete