Wednesday, February 6, 2008

EVMS Retreat


This last weekend, we went to the EVMS retreat and We had so much fun. It was over two nights. We went down to (kill devil hills) outer banks, NC. That is where the wright brothers first took air. Hence the name, I think. We just had such a fun time with eachother and had good laughs and good times. It's just been too long. Two other families from our ward, who are also at EVMS, came down. Probably the most enjoyable part of the trip for me was rigging up some baby monitors by calling our rooms with our cell phones and putting our end on mute while we played games, as adults. Oh with out the constant occupation of being a parent. I loved it! I feel that I always feel guilty if I'm not watching Lauren and having fun, but I think it made me feel o.k. that I wasn't the only one. :) Lauren had a blast in the pool and enjoyed our little stroll on the beach. I think Dave had the most fun on our "night off" when we went up to the dance and did a little boogie. I have to admit I had some fun with my Honey too.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Marie! I love the little tag games - they put a fun spin on the traditional way of keeping in touch. I love to read about and see pictures of your family. You are so FAR away. This blog is the one thing that helps me "be in the know" - its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie...I am having the hardest time reading your text. I hate to say that, but I love to read and see whats up, but I am getting old and my eyes are struggling! Thanks for keeping things updated! I love blogging. I am so glad that my friends are doing it now! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete